Orange County - Hillsborough, North Carolina
Woodruff Family Law Group can help with your Hillsborough divorce, custody, or other family law matter. We are knowledgeable of the Hillsborough Civil District Court system and processes.What You’re Probably Wondering
- Where is the courthouse?
The address for the Orange County Courthouse is 106 E. Margaret Lane, Hillsborough, NC 27278.
There is also a courthouse in Chapel Hill at 179 E. Franklin Street, Chapel Hill, NC 27514.
- When are they open?
Like most government offices, the courthouse is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., during regular business house; they are closed during judicial holidays. Many hearings and trials may start at 9:00 a.m. Arrive early to allow time to find parking, get through security, and get to your courtroom.
- How do I contact them?
- By phone:
- Hillsborough main number: 919.644.4500
- Chapel Hill main number: 919.967.4523
- By phone:
- Where do I park?
The Eno River parking deck located on the corner of Nash and Kollock Street and S. Churton Street provides free public parking. It is a five-minute walk to the Orange County Courthouse. Exit the parking deck, turn left onto Nash and Kollock Street, left on S. Churton Street, and right on East Margaret Lane. The Orange County Courthouse is on the corner of Margaret Lane and S. Churton street.
There is also free three-hour parking on Margaret Lane.
- What should I not bring?
- Weapons such as firearms and knives are not allowed in the courthouse. Leave anything that could be construed or used as a weapon, such as scissors, nail files, or other sharp objects at home or in your car.
- You are required to enter the courthouse through a metal detector. Avoid wearing metal items such as jewelry and watches to facilitate a speedy entry through security.
- Electronic devices such as phones and computers are not allowed in the courthouse without a court order, so leave these items at home or locked in your glove compartment or trunk. If you have a court order allowing you to bring these items in, make sure you have it with you when you arrive.