Orange County - Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Woodruff Family Law Group handles family law cases in the Chapel Hill area. We have experience representing and advocating for clients on “The Hill.”What You’re Probably Wondering
- Where is the courthouse?
You’ll find the Chapel Hill Courthouse at 179 E. Franklin Street, Chapel Hill, NC 27514. There is also a courthouse in Hillsborough at 106 E. Margaret Lane, Hillsborough, NC 27278.
- When are they open?
Like most government offices, the courthouse is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., during regular business house; they are closed during judicial holidays. Many hearings and trials may start at 9:00 a.m. Arrive early to allow time to find parking, get through security, and find your courtroom.
- How do I contact them?
- By phone:
- Chapel Hill main number: 919.967.4523
- Hillsborough main number: 919.644.4500
- By phone:
- Where do I park?
Chapel Hill’s Wallace Parking Deck is located behind the Chapel Hill Courthouse at 179 E. Franklin Street, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514-- just a one minute walk around the corner. The hourly rate is $1.00 per hour.
- What should I not bring?
- Weapons such as firearms and knives are not allowed in the courthouse. To be safe, leave anything that could be construed or used as a weapon, such as scissors, nail files, or other sharp objects at home or in your car.
- You are required to enter the courthouse through a metal detector. Avoid wearing metal items such as jewelry and watches to facilitate a speedy entry through security.
- Electronic devices such as phones and computers are not allowed in the courthouse without a court order, so leave these items at home or locked in your glove compartment or trunk. If you have a court order allowing you to bring these items in, make sure you have it with you when you arrive.